Knee & leg pain/numbness/tingling
For the past 4 or so months i have been having bad pains in my knees, only when i sit for too long with my knees bent. Also, i cant keep my legs crossed for too long anymore or else my legs and feet go numb. If i am driving my car for a long time, my toes go numb too. I went to my doctor and she siad it is probably just early signs of arthritis and to just take aleve when it hurts. Im afraid there is something more and am thinking about getting some xrays done. does anyone have any imput about this? Thanks in advance.

Michelina, age 23
Hi xMichelinax,

I am sorry to hear that you are having knee pain at such an early age. However arthritis can begin at any age. There are several types of arthritis. I would be concerned too. Do you have a family history of arthritis?

Your symptoms seem more advanced that early signs of arthritis but I am not a physician. I would request an MRI to confirm her diagnosis. If arthritis does not show on the MRI of your knees than your medical practitioner can search elsewhere for the cause of your pain and symptoms. If you do have arthritis than I would suggest you seem a rheumatologist for further evaluation and treatment.

Good luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your next update. Peace, Tuck
Thanks for your quick response. There is some history of arthritis that runs in my family, so i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. But like you said it seems more advanced. I will go for an MRI ASAP and let you know how that goes. THANKS AGAIN!
You are welcome. I will watch for your updates.

Good luck, Tuck
Hi im sorry to hear that you are having pain. I do now know much about the knee pain and would sugest like Tuck said to have an MRI, this might also exp the leg pain and numbness. I think that this a back (disk) issue. It was how mine started and I let it go for way too long. An MRI w/contrast should show if you have a bulging disk or even if you do not it will show the nerve going down the leg and they could see if it is not normal. Also before the MRI ask your Dr to do a simple reflex test on your foot this will show if there is any problem with the nerve. I hope that you can find out what is wrong so that it can be fixed or atleast see if there is something that can be done for you.

R/
Adam