Knee Popping?
Every time I squat, my knee cracks/pops really loud. It does not really hurt, but well, its like cracking your neck or your knuckles.....I am afraid that this may cause some serious problems in my future. Does anyone know what this might be and how I could possibly stop it? I know that if you crack joints in the body it can cause extreme pain and possibly arthritis.
Hello Freddie,

Welcome and Please excuse my tardy response. I have been traveling from FL to WI and did not have Internet Access.

I have been told by multiple physicians that "Cracking" in your knees is harmless. My knees have cracked with motion since I was a child as did my fathers. However Please ask your PCP about this on your next visit.  

Let us know what your PCP has to say about your knees. We all learn from one another.

My Best,
~Tuck
Thank you for your response, I just did not want it to be anything serious. My knee's just started doing this resently and I assumed it was b/c my job consists of constant squatting as I am a PSW. I will do as you say and ask my doctor on my next check up and I will definitly let you know what happens. I am sure it is nothing like you say, if that is what you have been told. Thanks Again.

Sincerely,
Freddi
Hi Freddi,

As long as you don't have pain, swelling, discoloration or other symptoms the knee cracking is probably harmless.  If you have other symptoms that coincide with the cracking then you should be concerned. However I would not take any one's word as gospel as we are not physicians or experts.  Please also consult a physician.

Sometimes my knees would crack so loud they could be heard across a room...LOL A bit embarrassing for a female. As I have matured they do not crack near as much.

I'll look forward to your updates.

~Tuck
HI :) are you female? and how old r u? I am older also, and that is the reason of my concern.
If you read my profile page it will tell you much about me. I am female, as I said above....and a proud Baby Boomer.

My knees continue to "crack" and my father's did the same until his passing last year at the age of 81. Our different physicians assured us it was not a medical condition. However we are all different and you should not go by what our experiences were...are.

By all means have this checked by your PCP. I am far from an expert and I certainly am not attempting to minimize your concerns. Please let us know what you discover.

My Best,
~Tuck
FYI,
I agree with Tuckamore, I have had my knees crack since I was a kid. It is usually nothing to worry about. I developed some cracking my wrists they called crepitus. I have tendonitis in my wrists but the doctors didn't say anything about the crieptus causing any problems either.
Mkh9