Knee gel instead of a knee replacement
My cartilage is gone out of my knees due to injuries and arthritis.  I'm 61 years old which I really not really to go through the pain, agony and inconvienience of a knee replacement. I heard someone say that there is a procedure in which gel can be injected into the knee to act as temporary cartilage.  Do you know if this is true and how long will this gel last or if there are any side effects, before one will have to eventually get a knee replacement.  With all the recall of these artifical parts, I'm a little leary of getting these parts into my body.
Is it synvisc your referring to? I know it's injected into the patella area to put off TKRs. I would go to their website to get facts about the product. It might be worth a try to prolong the replacement. It's been around for years now. Good luck!
Ginger
Thank you I'll try it
I have a  65 year old female friend who had it done last year and she was marveled by it. She was able to walk without pain nor limping too much. This was a few months before I moved out of state. Anyways she had a few injections and was doing great for months as far as I know.
I believe it's a series of three injections.