Knee pain
Since my total knee replacement 12 months ago, I have pain and swelling.  I have been told I may have a cyst under my knee cap. What would cause this and what has to be done?
Hi!
After total knee replacement, knee cap problems are common. This happens due to a lot of force put on the knee cap after surgery as the knee cap gets used to the new implant. The rubbing and pressure results in cyst formation. Other causes of pain after knee replacement can be infection, improper alignment of the implant and poor blood supply. A complete evaluation is needed to determine the cause. The cyst can get absorbed or it may need to be drained. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.