Pain Management Community
Left Knee Problem - Active life, Limiting Knee
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left Knee Problem - Active life, Limiting Knee

For the past two months, the status of my left knee has slowly been deteriorating to the state that it is now.  I'm a 21, almost 22 years old male, so I'm not sure what the problem exactly is.  The knee is such a delicate joint.

Two months ago, it was barely hurting, only bugging me every once in a while.  I went to the chiropractor for the first time to get it fixed and found out I have a slightly crooked pelvis.

But, going to the chiropractor for two months the knee problems persisted.

I'm an extremely active person.  I run, play softball, jump on the trampoline, wrestle with friends, am in marching band, do flips on hard ground, have a heavy backpack, plus more.  At any time, I could have injured my knee and not known it.

All the pain located in my knee is in the front right under and around the knee cap.  It's excruciating, mostly when I'm sitting still.  It feels like someone's jabbing something underneath my knee cap.  It's also very weak as well.  I can't hardly put any weight on it, it gives out quite often, and walking down stairs is unbearable.  I also had a problem with the knee in high school, but it was much less severe and settled itself within weeks.

I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon next week, but until then, I have no idea what to do to prevent the constant pain that I'm in.  The chiropractor didn't work, my knee brace doesn't work, ice doesn't work, and raising my leg only straightens my knee and makes it feel worse.

Any help on the matter to last until my Doctor's appointment is very much appreciated!