Leg Pain when resting
Just wondering if anyone has leg pain like mine.  When up and about I'm fine when going to bed the pain wakes me and keeps me from sleep.
Hi JRou:

Here is a web site for you discussing causes for leg pain.

Night leg cramps: What causes them? - MayoClinic.com  It can result in intense pain and an inability to use the affected muscles. Night leg cramps are contractions of the leg muscles, usually in the back of the ...
www.mayoclinic.com/health/night-leg-cramps/AN00499 - 27k -

Please take care.
Mollyrae
I get them too...wakes me up...not really like cramps...more like someone is jamming a wire through the middle of my leg...better when I get up and hobble around a bit.
For many years, I've had the same terrible pain in my legs (mostly the right one) that starts when I fall asleep.

I recently decided to try cutting out the tonic that I've been drinking for about as many years, and I haven't had the pain since!  I feel like I've had a miracle.  I sleep through the night with no leg pain.  If you're a tonic drinker (with or without alcohol), try it.

I also have the degenerative disk pain in my neck that would be unbearable after sleeping.  I started wearing a cervical collar for support when I sleep and my neck no longer hurts when I get up in the morning.
HI J...is the pain like a muscle throbbing or like a burning/stabbing sensation?
I 've had the burning/stabbing very painful espisodes especially at night or while laying down for years...kept me awake always, finally after complaining +++ to doctors someone finally gave it a name...SCIATICA and since the pain is worse when laying down the sciatica usually is the result of a pinched nerve in your lower spine(?)
I'm not a doc. this is just my personal findings with similiar pain.
do some reading in this forum, u will find good advice and alot of like cases.
Oh read about 'gabapentin or neurontin these drugs give alot of relief to nerve pain.
good luck.
Hi, I'm 25 years old and have had severe throbbing, aching leg pain at night since I was 5 years old. I was told it was growing pains until I was 15, then I saw rheumatologists, spinal surgeons, tried tonic water, quinnine tablets, vitamins EVERYTHING. When I was younger it would occur maybe every once a month, however over last few years its much more frequent. It waks me up at night and the only logical pattern is I have often walk a little more that day than normal, or stood up a bit longer than normal. Generally I know when its going to happen as I get a slight tingle in my legs prior. The pain is so severe I end up in tears and wish I could cut my legs off. If i try to stand up, walk or even move the pain intensifies by 100 times. I usually get before going to bed or I wake up at 2am with it. The only aid is ibuprofen and compression bandages. But after nearly 20 years of suffering i'm looking for some help?!
I get the same thing, It is almost mid-night and my out-side left leg is throbbing. I just want to take a pair of scissors and cut the nerve in half. It has been going on for about a decade now. i do take neuroton for it, but my body is getting used to the drug.
I have what seems an odd leg pain--mostly in my right lower leg.  It hurts most when I am resting and is just a constant pain.  I noticed that when I mow the lawn, there is no pain at all.  But, when I do my Nordic Track exercise in the morning, the pain increases, and by 30 minutes is very painful.  Of course, we all know the story about the man who said, "Doc, it hurts when I do this."  The doc says, "Well don't do it, then."  So, stopping the Nordic Track is a sensible thing to do.  But, I've been doing it for 20 years, and find it hard to stop.  I think it helps me keep my weight down and gives me aerobic exercise.  
i have leg pain esp when im at rest.  what is wrong with me .?