Leg Pain
My leg and butt hurts only when i walk or stand. But the pain goes away when i sit or lay down. What can i do to make this pain go away?
Hi asdfhjkl123qwe,

First, I want to welcome you to the PM (Pain Management) Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. We are all CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that help each other with our own expertise and experiences that we have developed through our own CP Issues.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this pain when you are walking and standing! Can you give us some more information as to what might have caused this pain?  Did you injure your back in some way?  Did you fall or turn the wrong way?  Lift something without bracing yourself correctly?

There are many things that could be causing this and a little more information would help us give you a better idea of what might be causing it and how to help relieve it.

I'll be looking for your updates............Sherry  :)
I dont know how it came but i think it was from exercising but im not sure. I exercised a year ago but the pain wasnt as severe as it was now. Back then it only hurt a little but now it hurts to the point were i would have to sit down in 5 minutes. It hurts from the Butt and down.
Thank you so much for providing more information.  I really appreciate it.  :)

It's a pretty good bet that it has something to do with the exercising then.  When you exercise are you at a Gym or at home?  Would you mind letting me know an approximate age and whether you are Male or Female?  Could you give me some idea of how strenuous the exercises are that you are doing and how often you do this?  I'm sorry to keep asking questions but there are so many variables.

I would say from what you have told me that it's probably affecting your Lumbar area (lower back) and could be muscle or nerve related.  Either one could involve the back and leg.  Does it hurt all of the time or only when you are exercising and then let up after you've sat or laid down for awhile?  Is it still hurting today as much as it was when you first posted on the 6th of July?

As I said, sorry for all of the questions, but just trying to get the most Information that I can, to try to get the best idea of what's possibly going on with your pain.

Thanks again and I'll be looking for more updates..............Sherry  :)
Sorry i forgot my password for the other account.

Im laidy of  40 years old. When im exercising im at home. i only do streches. Im scared to do anything else, i dont want to damage anything in my leg. I do exercises everyday before i go to sleep. probibly 10 min everyday. It only hurts when im standing not when im sitting. i think that everyday it hurts a little bit more but it could just be my mind messing with me. Ive been to a chiropractic 12 times but it didnt help at all, and ive got pills from a doctor (Ibuprofen) but it didnt help either.
I think it would be a really good idea for you to see a regular Doctor to find out what's going on with your leg.  I must admit that I'm not a fan of a Chiropractor.  I've seen too many people get injured when something was done incorrectly.  I'm sure there are lots of excellent Chiropractors out there but please be careful!!!!  It might be time to have an x-ray or MRI done if this pain is still going on after this length of time.

If you do see a Doctor then I hope you will let us know what he/she says is going on with your leg.

I wish you the best and will be looking for your updates...........Sherry  :)