Pain Management Community
Leg and stomach pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Leg and stomach pain

I have had a pain in my left thigh for a month now and its getting worse.I now have pain in the left side of my stomach. This pain is constant and does not go away til I take medicine. It is painful to urinate because it makes the pain in my stomach worse. I have gone to see my primary care physician and my ob and he ordered a doppler ultrsound of my leg and found nothing

What do you think could be causing the pain.
My thoughts would be a possible kidney, bladder or urinary tract infection, especially since you say urinating makes the pain in your stomach worse.  Even kidney stones - yes, it is possible to have a kidney stone with the pain not being in your kidney area - my dad used to get kidney stones a lot (he's now on meds that help keep his body from producing them) and there were several times when his ONLY symptom was abdominal pain.

So I would suggest going back to your doc and asking them to test you for a urinary tract/bladder/kidney infection and also for kidney stones.

Best of luck!