Pain Management Community
Leg pain after prolonged sitting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Leg pain after prolonged sitting

I have a desk job during the day which requires a lot of sitting but I do get up and down all day.  At night though, when relaxing in the evening, I sit in a recliner and after getting up my legs and feet hurt to walk.  Any thoughts on what this could be?  
Hi Marylou,

I am sorry that you are experiencing pain in your feet. I know how uncomfortable it can be. This has happened to me for years and many of my friends. I think it is a normal reaction.

Your muscles, tendons and ligaments are just fatigued.  At least that's my opinion. Sometimes I can barely walk the first few feet when I get up from a sitting position. You might want to try a warm foot soak.

Others will post with their thoughts and opinions.  
That *****.  Sometimes I put my feet in water, just for the heck of it.  But it kinda soothes the feet a little bit.