Leg pain in bed and twinges during the day
When I am in bed at night my left leg has pain from the calf through the thigh and wakes me. Sometimes my calf throbs during the day. I have not taken over the counter pain pills.
Thank you for your assistance.
Hello LeDene,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum of MedHelp. I am glad that you found us. But I am sorry to hear about your leg pain.

You did not tell us how long this has been a problem. There are many conditions that could cause your pain. Is your leg red, warm or swollen? Are you an athlete or been more active than usual?

A phlebitis or thrombophlebitis could cause calf pain as can venous (vein) insufficiency.  Calf muscle are hot spots for circulatory problems. You could suffer from atrial (arteries)insufficiently, meaning your muscle is requiring more blood than your arteries are able to provide. If you are a female good support stockings may help during the day. Muscle pain is usually treated with an approach called RICE, Rest, Ice, intermittently, Compression, such as support hose or ace wraps, applied correctly and Elevation. NSAID's are also usually helpful, again taken as directed.

Some ppl also suffer from RLS, but they also complain of the need to move their leg(s) during the night and experiencing a tingling or bug crawling sensation. RLS, restless leg syndrome.

The list is long as to possible causes of calf pain. It may be that you have just over used or strained the muscle. If it is not red, warm or swollen you may want to try the RICE approach. If it has any signs of inflammation you should seek medical treatment asap.

Good luck to you. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your next update. Peace, Tuck