Lidocaine injection
I recently went to a new family doctor in the area I moved to.  I told her about my  migraine (usually related to menstruation) and that it is more frequent recently, and the Toradol that I am taking does not seem to do it any more.  I usually have to take half a Tylenol 3 to supplement it.  I suggested that this may be because of my menopause.  My menstruation is now pretty irregular and unpredictable now and my migraine is also more frequent.  The pain goes to my eye as well and does not go away for a day or two.  She told me to throw my apo-ketorolac away (for the possible side effect) and she told me that I can continue to use Tylenol 3 (which does not always help).  She suggested that I go through a series of lidocaine injection to certain trigger points (not sure if trigger points are exactly what she called them).  I asked about side effects and she quickly dismissed that - saying that there is no side effect.  Would you please give me some advice on this?
Hi Youyou,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post.

I have had numerous lidocaine injections. The most common but unlikely side effect is pain at the injection site. I never experienced that and believe the injections to be relatively safe. Several of my friends have also had these injections without any ill effects.

Obviously there are rare side effects as there are with any medications. You can goggle these for more detailed information. I hope the injections will be effective for you.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck