Pain Management Community
Looking for a good pain management doctor in Austin, Texas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

The subject says it all.  I moved to Austin from Dallas recently, yet I am still driving up to Dallas each month for my medication.  It is getting too difficult to make that drive every month; also, the doctor in Dallas recently made a lot of staff changes and I am not happy with the people he hired.  Now it takes them 2 or more days to call me back when I call for something and they are cold and uncaring when I go into the office.  I really want to switch to a doctor in Austin.  I would prefer to try a doctor that is recommended by someone, not just pick a random name from my insurance company's website.
Hello and Welcome to our Pain Management Community.

I am sorry that I can not help you in your search for a PMP. I do know the hassle that comes with locating a new physician.

I wish you the best and hope your search will be successful.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Hey Im in Waco and i go to a pin clinic here that has an office in austin. Look Up austinpaindoctor.com theyre all awesome and caring. I went the first time yesterday and to start out he gave percocet 10s a 12mcg fentanyl patch and upped my lyrica from 100mg to 150mg. theyre strict about only taking theyre medice and no outside meds, they also give a UA to make sure your taking your meds.
Chvyrcng,

Thanks for offering information. It sounds like you have a good PM Clinic that is on the up and up... the best kind.

Thanks Again,
~Tuck
Don't forget that any new doctor will need to have your clinical information forwarded to them.  You might go ahead and get that process started by asking your doctor in Dallas to send you your records so you have them handy.
Thank you for the suggestions.  I know the process of pain management clinics.  One of the reasons I want to change doctors is because my current doctor in Dallas has made me do FOUR urine screens in as many months.  I have no idea why they are doing this to me. Each time the screen was fine, but for some reason they keep making me give them urine.  It's a really big hassle.  I know they have strict rules about how to administer the strong narcotics, but I personally think that 4 drug screens is outrageous.  I am even getting bills from the lab that is testing my urine!!

Anyway, sorry to vent, I'm just very frustrated and in a lot of pain and I feel as though no one cares.  I really hope I can find a good doctor here soon.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Did you ask your doctor if they've changed the rules from RANDOM (which is what most do) TO: routine?  It could be something very simple like they are currently under scrutiny and he wants all the measures (over what's required)in place.  Maybe it has nothing to do w/u personally?  
I am going to Pain Specialist of Austin(on Duval), see Dr. Mahendru, Dr. Vjie hit my nerve during an injection but the office staff has been real nice up to this point.