Pain Management Community
Looking for a pain doctor near phoenix, az who can keep me on same trea...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Looking for a pain doctor near phoenix, az who can keep me on same treatment of oxycodone i've been on for years.

Hello, I consistently have very bad headaches/migraines and joint/neck/back pain.  I would say it is normally averaging at a 8 out of 10 on a pain scale.  I have been getting 30mg oxycodone for nearly 2 years and my doctor has changed his practice from general/family/pain specialist to only family and gave me a 30 day prescription one last time.  I have charts/files/x-rays and took accutane twice for longest amount of time per cycle and also highest mg allowed per day.  My doctors believe this is the source of the problems i now have years later.  I have documented proof of chronic pain for years and how do I find a doctor near Phoenix, AZ to continue my treatment on oxycodone the same amount i have now.  I even have passed all of my urine analysis's and have a letter of reccomendation that i am a pateint who is trust wherthy and needs the medication since no other treatment works.  Thank you very much
Not sure how you go about this.  Maybe you just have to google pain specialists in that area and call them and ask about the practice.  Thing is, do it now.  It can take a long time to get an appointment.  Good luck.  (We're trying to move to the Phoenix area.  Had a financial setback though.  Hopefully in a few years.)
Hi ma20tt21,

First, I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum, only CP  {Chronic Pain}  Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm sorry that you are in this fix.  I live in Anthem and the way that I got my PM {Pain Management} Doctor was through my PCP as he recommended him to me.  I would suggest that you ask your Doctor to recommend you to one as it's ALWAYS best to have a recommendation from your Doctor.  I'm SURE that he will since he's not giving out pain medications anymore.  If he won't you can ALWAYS go to the internet and "google" pain specialists in Phoenix and you will get AT LEAST 2 results for pain clinics and call them and see what they require.  It's ALWAYS best to have a recommendation from your Doctor whenever possible.  :)

On MH {MedHelp} we don't recommend specific Doctor's as what works for me might not work for someone else. :(  

I wish you the very best and hope you will let us know how you are doing.

We'll be looking for your update............Sherry