Looking for those that have had - Radiofrequency nerve ablation?
Hi, if anyone has had a Radiofrequency nerve ablation done, could you let me know your feedback? I am having one done on my lower back next week.

Thanks, Dave...
I had RFA done from L2-5 on both sides in January & February. Before I had it done, I had epidural steroid injects at the same levels that did not work longer than a month. I've been going strong from the RFA for 9 months now. I have had zero pain which is amazing considering I was in constant pain for many years.

If you've had the epidural injections, it's no worse than those. I was maybe a bit more sore afterwards but nothing horrible. RFA can last anywhere from 6 months to two years and unlike the steroid injections, you can get them as often as your insurance will approve them.

I can feel my pain returning so I think I'm going to have to get RFA done again but for 9 months of pain relief it's worth every penny to me. Which was $300 for the diagnostic test that insurance companies make the doctor do and $300 for the RFA. My co pay for "surgery" is $150 and because it's done in a surgery center I have to pay it. But it's totally worth it to me.