Pain Management Community
Looking for those that have had - Radiofrequency nerve ablation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Hi, if anyone has had a Radiofrequency nerve ablation done, could you let me know your feedback? I am having one done on my lower back next week.

Thanks, Dave...
I had RFA done from L2-5 on both sides in January & February. Before I had it done, I had epidural steroid injects at the same levels that did not work longer than a month. I've been going strong from the RFA for 9 months now. I have had zero pain which is amazing considering I was in constant pain for many years.

If you've had the epidural injections, it's no worse than those. I was maybe a bit more sore afterwards but nothing horrible. RFA can last anywhere from 6 months to two years and unlike the steroid injections, you can get them as often as your insurance will approve them.

I can feel my pain returning so I think I'm going to have to get RFA done again but for 9 months of pain relief it's worth every penny to me. Which was $300 for the diagnostic test that insurance companies make the doctor do and $300 for the RFA. My co pay for "surgery" is $150 and because it's done in a surgery center I have to pay it. But it's totally worth it to me.