Pain Management Community
Lower Back and Right Buttock

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Lower Back and Right Buttock

I have pain in m.y lower back that radiates into my right buttock and sometimes goes down into my leg. The pain is mainly in the deep part of the right buttock
Pain that radiated down the leg often comes from the nerves exiting the spinal collum in the lumbar area.  Sometimes this is referred to as sciatica which is a generic description for damage to the sciatic nerve (a collection of nerves coming out of the spinal collum.  Shooting pain down the leg is referred to medically as radicular pain.  This can be helped by physical therapy and certain medications.  Surgery is rarely indicated unless the nerve or nerves are so pinched that your function (i.e. strength) worsens.  For good pain specialists, visit www.telepainclinic.com

My best
I am certain you have a hernaited disc. MRI required to diagnose. If it's into the deepest root, the dorsal root, you may need surgery. HOWEVER, 89% of herniations this intense reverse themselves without surgery. 6 months on average and lots of ibuprofren some steroids and rest you'll be back to the way you were. if you do not have an mri you can risk becoming paralyzed if the disc has ruptured and if fluid leaks into the area. this should not be taken lightly. I'm sure your pain will get worse and motivate you to take action. or, miraculously you could get better. do you feel like gambling? if not i hope u have insurance. If no insurance I hope you have 6 months to lay around and someone to take care of you.