Lower Pain in the left Hip
I've had a pain in my lower left hip for just about two years. I had a cyst removed and my left ovary about a year ago and that didn't take the pain that i had away. I've had a CT scan done, ultra sound, x-rays and a bone scan and they can't find anything wrong with me. I'm on a nerve pain medicine now and that helps a little. Now I find the pain is moving more into my left side and also since the Surgery my stomach can look like i'm six months pregant and then go down and back up. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Hello Dee,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad you found us but sorry to hear about your undiagnosed pain.

Have you had a pelvic ultrasound done in the past 60 days? If not I would request one. It gives a better look at what is going on with your female organs. Other wise it sounds like all the right tests have been done.  

I also look for a second opinion. If your current team of physicians are unable to diagnosis the source of your pain it may be time for a fresh pair of eyes. Sometimes a second look can find a solution. I assume that bursitis of the hip has been ruled out.

You hip may not be the source of the problem. Sometimes pain is referred, meaning the you feel the pain in a different location than the actual source. If you have not been seen by a physician that is associated with a large teaching hospital I would begin there. Those physician, technologists and hospitals are usually on the cutting edge of medical science.

You may also want to post in the Woman's Health or Gynecology Forum. Good luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing.
And take care, Tuck
I agree. I was diagnosed last June with IC (Intestitial Cystitis) shorter meaning Is bladder disease and I suffered from pain In my left hip/buttock and the sensation would run through my vulva, Its the worst sensation a woman could have. Ive done much better since having bladder treatments and since being on medication. I suffered for 5 years and my primary care dr, sent me to an OBGYN.