Pain Management Community
Lower back and left ankle (not healed right)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Hi everyone! first time on this part of Medhelp.  I suffer severe lower back pain every morning, even though I have a ver good bed, and take tramadol 100 mg 3x daily (doctor prescribed).  Sometimes i have to sleep sitting up, and sometimes its so bad I'm up at 4 or 5 in the morning when my normal wake up time is 7am.  And I broke my left ankle last year, and it did not heal quite right.  Had xrays done and doc tells me that all i can do is excersize it and go to therapy for it.  Some times I have to use a cane or even resort to the rigid boot I got when I broke it.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks - Blu
What is the reason you have the back pain? Did you herniate a disc, have problems with your vertebrae? Were you in a accident? More info please and I will be more than glad to give all the advice I can. Best wishes, Sissie
I dont know the actual reason for the lower back pain, but could be one or more of several things: dancing regularly for 8 years, bad posture, not always having a good bed to sleep in, lack of excersize after i quit dancing, becoming extremely depressed and spending 16 hours a day in bed, walking my dogs, playing in the park, swimming... etc.  The pain goes from the top of my tailbone to almost mid-back, area of pain goes all across back.  Can you help me?  Thanks  - Blu
I would suggest getting a mri done. You need to know what is wrong and not everything shows up in x-rays. For instance if you have a disc that is herniated and it is pressing on the nerve it will cause constant pain even with medication unless that medication is specifically for nerves such as Gabitril, Neurontin, Xanax and Valium. There is a chart on my profile that is a Nerve conduction chart that may be helpful to you. The type of pain you have and the location leads me to believe you may have something wrong with your upper back. Do you have any problems with your arms, kidneys, stomach, breathing problems ect? Sorry I am in a rush I have a class tonight and wanted to get this posted before I leave. Please look at the chart it is very helpful. I will be back soon, if you need to feel free to send me a private message. Best wishes, Sissie