Lump Below Sternum
Hey Guys,

For about 5 months I have had a Lump below my sternum seems to be exactly where the Xiphoid process is. Sometimes when I bend down or bend over it will feel out of place. Never really worries me and does not seem to be getting bigger, and does not hurt when touched. If i stick my chest out you can see it. Can this cause me any problems, is it something I should worry about? When i lie down on my side the lump moves more to the side that I lay on, is that normal?
Also if i dont have the right posture i can feel it crack when i bring my tummy in and out. But still does not hurt.
Have you lost a bit of weight recently?   The reason I am asking is because a friend of mine had these same symptoms, and he also discovered a lump below his sternum, and he got worried and went to the doctor and it turned out it WAS his sternum that he was seeing.  It seems he had lost some weight over the previous few months, enough to see the end of the breastbone, especially when he sucked in his stomach.  This might be what you're dealing with here, but in any case, just to be safe, it would be worth the peace of mind to get a doctor to look at it and tell you what it is.  I hope it turns out to be nothing for you, like for my friend.

Ghilly
Thanks Ghilly, I have had X-rays which were normal and the doctor said its most likely my xiphoid bent in which is causing the bump, but i just want to make sure its not anything like cancer or anything else. I am a real worrier...
My father has the same symptoms like yours. They just told us a while ago, I'm so very worried about my father. Maybe that is the reason why he lost a bit weight too. I told my father to seek for a doctor to examin what was that but he doesn't really care about his self. Do you go to a doctor already? How are you