Pain Management Community
Lymes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Lymes

I had Lymes disease in 1987 and today 20 years later I have constant pain. If i bend a limb for more then 30 seconds then it is painfull to bend back. Feet hurt and kness hurt real bad all day every day.

Pain meds was not the answer....Any advice ?
I'm beginning to wonder if pain in my knees and legs is related to Lyme disease..would be interested in finding the answer..sorry I don't have it.

Jim
Hi Coolio:

OK.... I just deleted the entire comment I made.....I'll try it again.

I have no dout that you are still suffering from the disease. I have a Sister-in-Law that was infected with it 6 yrs. ago and she is still suffering with muscle & joint pain.

She is a nurse and has done quite allot of research on Lymes so I will ask her what she thinks the prognosis is.

I am wondering if a person can develop certian forms of Arthritis from the disease. I think it is possible. I will send her an e-mail and get back to you...........

Hang in there.

Molly
let me rephrase my comment above:

"I'm beginning to wonder if pain in my knees and legs is related to Lyme disease..would be interested in finding the answer..sorry I don't have it. "  I meant I don't have the answer, but I tested positive (after a false posititve) for Lyme disease several years ago..and right now my knees are so darned sore, walking up a flight of stairs is a real chore as is just plain walking.

I don't think you are ever over it, and I do recall reading about some connection to Arthritist...Coolio's (love that name) question had me wondering about my wife too as she once tested positive (then negative)...think I'll add this to the stack of research I want to do.

Jim

hi there guys...seems as tho i have seen yall somewhere else  LOL....joint pain is hard and i have alot of it too...just not in my legs or feet thank goodness...i know those foot whirpool baths help my moms feet/rhuematoid arthritis/ and she puts epsom salts in there....epsom salts can actually benefit pain problems and i just always thought it was kind of an old wives tale...anti-inflammatories help me at times but i am sure u r about flamatoried out!   most massage therapists do foot massage as well but that can be expensive...i do my own feet sometimes due to aching after working all day...good shoes help me or mine will ache...when i am in alot of pain due to my shoulder like the swelling..i ice it..they have straps that will hold ice on your knees so u r not stuck sitting down to ice them as well...chronic pain is a hard thing to deal with for sure
I certianly think there is more to Lymes Disease than the Doctors know. After watching my Sister-in-Law get so incredibly sick and seeing the terrible muscle & joint pain she has suffered with, I have a feeling that once infected, you may have problems the rest of your life. Does mankind really know what the Tick's poison can really do to a body?

I do not think it has been researched enough at this point. Like I said. I will contact my Sister-in-Law and ask her about her fight with the disease.

It will be interesting to hear what she has to offer.

Til then..............
Thanx everyone.....

Mollyrea...Let me know anything your sister-in-law might say that would help....Thanx
Hey Coolio: This is what my Sister-in-Law wrote to me:

A small percentage of people fail to respond or relapse after the initial Antibiotic is given. Most long term effects of the disease result when diagnosis is delayed or missed.

Co-infection with other infectious organisms spread by by ticks in the same area as
Bb ( Babesiosis- another parasitic disease spread by ticks) may be responsible for treatment failures or more severe symptoms.

She also said that it is entirely possible for you to have life long symptoms of muscle and joint pain due to the nature of the toxin.

Doctors are not entirely sure of the full blown nature of the disease.

I hope I was helpful to you. She sends her best wishes to you as I do too.

Molly