Pain Management Community
Medications for Pain Pump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Medications for Pain Pump

I have a medtronic pump implanted I have morphine, burapain and cloadine ( sorry about spelling) for about 5 years and I have reached a point where my pain level is staying around 9 to 10. I am moving to a pain clinic closer to where I live soon and wonder what other pain meds could I use in my pump to get my pain back under control? I have RSD, Lupus and Fibromyalsia (fibromyalgia) and my pain pretty much goes from my neck all the way down to my feet.
Hi!  Welcome to the pain management forum.  We're not doctors but chronic pain patients.  We support each other with advice and encouragement through our own experiences.  And I must say you really have a lot on your plate.  I'm so sorry you're going through all this.  It must be awful!

This to me would be a question best answered by your new doctor.  You could also speak with your pharmacist.  They are a great source of information.  Generally we don't recommend medications on this forums.   Since we're neither doctors nor pharmacists, it wouldn't be appropriate.   But we do share our experiences with different medications.  I'm sure someone has been on the pump and might offer some insight.

I'm sure someone else will be along soon to give you better advice.  And welcome to our forum.  We hope you stick around to offer your wisdom.
Sara
I have some questions I am hoping to get answered. I have a spinal stimulator and it is being recalled because the generator causes burns when charging. I know because it happened to me. I am going to the Dr who implanted it, to see what my next option is after alot of research it seems i am in line for a pain pump. I was wondering if they remove the stimylator and do the trial for the pain pump at the same time and if the trial works how long till they would implant the pain pump
Need to know can oxycontin be put into pump? If not what is closest thing? Hate morphine-diluadid has sulphites am allergic so oxycontin only thing can take.
I "think" they usually use morphine, dilaudid, or fentanyl, depending on your pain level and tolerance. If you are allergic to a certain medicine and they know it,for sure they can work around it.