Pain Management Community
Medicinal marijuana for chronic pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Medicinal marijuana for chronic pain

What if a person just does not want to take pills all the time and the pills make him sick. I really am getting sick and tired knowing if a person has pain all the time then why cant a person use marijuana. This article helps but i want more  information please. this is the article http://www.newsonhealthcare.com/235/
Hi Simond,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum.

You've asked a very controversial question. I don't know in which state you reside. If Medicinal Marijuana (MM) is legal in your state this should be a discussion and decision between you and your treating physician. If it's illegal in your state that should answer your question.

Frankly I have my personal opinions on this subject as we all do. It's a fact that there are numerous medical studies, conducted by reputable and trusted sources that conclude MM treats certain conditions as well if not better then traditional medications and approaches.

In most instances I don't think it should be the first choice... again my personal opinion. I do not have personal information on this subject. And I certainly don't want to start a heated debate... so I'll simply say again, if it's legal in your state, discuss this with your physician. As with anything there are pros and cons that need to be considered.

Best of Luck to You,
~Tuck
Hi simond101,

First, I want to welcome you to the PM (Pain Management) Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. We are all CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that help each other with our own expertise and experiences that we have developed through our own CP Issues.

There are many of us that get tired of taking meds everyday.  I know I'm one of those.  You don't say which state you are in so I have no idea whether or not it's legal for you to use in your state.  Here on the PM (Pain Management) forum we help the individuals that have CP and we are only familiar with the Pain Medications.  We haven't ever dealt with anything such as Medical Marijuana.  

I would recommend that you "google" Medical Marijuana and see what other articles you can come up with.  I know that there are, probably, 100's of articles on the subject.  :)  I hope that you would only do this if you can legally obtain Marijuana.  Otherwise, if it's not legal where you are you could wind up losing, not only your freedom, but also your Pain Medications that are helping you to function.  

I live in a state where it is legal, AZ, but I have no intention of even trying it.  However, I have nothing against it, it's just that it does not appeal to me as I don't care to smoke anything.  :)

I wish you the best and hope that you are able to find what is the best option for you.  Please know that you are always welcome here on the PM Forum to get whatever support you might need to help you deal with your pain issues!!

Hoping to see you here............Sherry  :)

PS: I googled Medical Marijuana and came up with over 27,100,000 results.  So I guess I was REALLY low on the estimate that I gave you on how many articles there were.  LOL