Meloxicam 15mg vs. Ibuprofen 800mg
Hi there! I was just prescribed meloxicam 15mg for arthritis along with prilosec for acid reflux. I was wondering if you could tell me if meloxicam would be better for pain relief compared to 800mg ibuprofen. Also does it take time for meloxicam to build up in my body for maximum benefit? If so, how long does it take? Thanks very much! :)
Hi there,

Meloxicam (Brand name Mobic) is in the exact same class of medicines as Advil (Ibuprofen)...as they are NSAIDS...(Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs)...

It's just administered differently in that you would take just one 15mg pill per day as opposed to taking Ibuprofen throughout the day.

**15mg is the maximum daily recommended dose so it's important to follow ALL prescribing instructions to the letter to prevent any potential serious side effects.

I have stomach trouble taking strong NSAIDS....and it seems as if you have had issues as well with them giving you the Prilosec along with this.

Just be very careful to watch for side effects of gastrointestinal trouble. All this information should be provided with the medicine from the Pharmacy.

You need to ask the Pharmacist about how long it takes to build up in your system for maximum benefit..

I hope this medicine is able to help with your arthritis pain.