Pain Management Community
Meloxicam and weight gain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Meloxicam and weight gain

I have been on Meloxicam for about 4 months and have gained 20 pounds and i feel swollen. I am also on highblood pressure meds. I just quit taking the Meloxicam. Does anyone know if the weight goes away?  How long does it take for bloated feeling to go away?
Hopefully it's mostly "water weight" and disappears quickly. I'm really not sure though.
I also have high blood pressure and take Ibuprofen (which is like meloxicam as its an NSAID), I was told to drink MORE water so that the Ibuprofen doesn't make the blood pressure worse. Its some sort of chemical thing, a pharmacist told me once. Ever since then, my blood pressure has been so much better. Good luck to you.