Metal rod leg pain
I have a metal rod in my left femur and are having pain in my upper femur  region and in the side of my pelvic bone into my lower back. it is tender to the touch and has a buring sensation when touched. can this be some sort of infection from the rod replacment?
Hi!
The pain that you are describing can be due to infection of the rod or the bone or the soft tissue over it. It can also be due to deep vein thrombosis and clot formation, a common post operative complication. Pinched nerve is another possibility, but less likely. Sometimes the rod can slip from its position and cause similar symptoms. You should get an X-ray done also. It is important to consult your orthopedic doctor immediately. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.