Pain Management Community
Methadone and doctors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Methadone and doctors

Okay I've been on methadone for 7 years....it started at a rehab clinic because I was so  immune to Lortabs that I could take 20-30 a day and get no relief from chronic back pain. I had surgery for this in 1992 from an injury as a nurse. Now I begged, borrowed, and stole to stay out of pain until I got fed up with it and went to rehab. They noticed that my pain was for real and started me on methadone which works great.I couldnt find a Dr to prescribe it so I ended up at a meth clinic that I spent thousands at. This was in Arizona. We moved to Alabama and I found a Dr to prescribe it until we had a falling out about a 6 hour wait in his waiting room. I was on 130 mg at the clinic I dropped myself to 40 and by taking the pill and not liquid it lasted longer so dummy me told him I could make it on 20mg a day. So I found another Dr. and after awhile my discs are disintegrating and I need it upped to 3 times a day....he said no "look what happened to Micheal Jackson" . I started using his partner and he wrote the script for 2-3 times a day as needed but only gave me 70 pills. Well it has turned cold and rained all month so I took it 3 times a day more often. Went back to get another script...No its too early....I showed him that he only gave me 70 instead of 90 and that I was out and will be for 5 days. would not talk to me anymore about it. So I'm writing this because I will probably be dead in 5 days from withdrawals. It is Dr Jarrod Speer, Childersburg, AL. I told his nurse about the mistake and she said she didnt care if I got it or not. She has curly black hair and skinny and was a rude _itch.  The cops wonder why people turn to the streets! I would but I dont know anyone on the "streets". Any ideas?
I do not know how far you are from Tuscaloosa Al. But I know a great doctor there.
Let me know and I will give you the information.
you wont die from withdrawals but you will be really sick.  So Sorry for your situation..

Good Luck
I sent you the information you requested:)
Avatar n tn
Can I have the info on that doctor too sandee1818
Avatar n tn
What's the doctor you talking about I need one too. Please
Sorry. This thread is very old. In this community, Pain Management, there have been many changes. Laws have drastically changed as has the climate. Old threads such as this may no longer be accurate or relevant.

Sandee1818 is no longer active on MedHelp. I was here and a CL at the time but I have no idea what information she was referring to.

You might want to check her Profile Page, including journals to see if the information may be there.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck