Methocarbamol
Hi, I'm withdrawing from Xanax, weaning off 0.25 every 3 weeks or 4 weeks, but what I find most disconforting is the muscle aches and " like knots " that form in my sholulder blades and neck. I s methocarmabol effective against this symptom?  Please let me know.
Thank you,
Bob
Hello Bob,

It may be helpful. Normally methocarbamol (Robaxin) are indicated as an adjunct to rest, physical therapy, and other measures for the relief of discomfort associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions. The mode of action of methocarbamol has not been clearly identified, but may be related to its sedative properties. Methocarbamol does not directly relax tense skeletal muscles.

I have used it is the past as a muscle relaxant and found it fairly effect. However it was not as effective as cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) for muscle spasms. Frequent warm baths go hand and hand with these drugs, at least in my humble opinion.

I hope this information is helpful. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Good luck and take care, Tuck
Thank you for your information, take care,
Bob
Have you tried some of the newer sprays and cremes for muscle relaxation? They can be very helpful and also keep you from taking another medication when your doing so good detoxing off of one already. Have you tried lidoderm patches, they can help too.