Pain Management Community
Mid back pain that radiates to front chest and stomach
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mid back pain that radiates to front chest and stomach

I have mid back pain and it seems to radiate to my chest cavity and my stomach area.  I also have a fatty liver that's just been diagnosed and I also have anemia.  

I used to be a heavy drinker for about 20 years and off and on for the past 10 years.   More off than on but I occasionally binged drink.  I have made it a priority to finally stop drinking for good as I am now 43 years old and have two young children.  I am 5-10 215lbs but have weighed closed to 250 at one point and have been between 225 and 235 for the past 5 years.  I have been dieting and exercising now and am serious about my health.  I used to have very high tryglicerodes and over 500 and semi high cholesteral which I am taking a statin for.  I also take blood pressure meds (Norvasc&hydrochlorothiazide).  The last time I had bloodwork my levels were all in range because I had started losing weight and dieting.  I was 226 lbs at the time they took my blood.  I have lost ten more pounds since then.  My question is;  is my fatty liver from my past Alcohol drinking or from being somewhat obese according to the charts - I am kinda muscular though- although with a belly thats starting to slim down now?

I also have this almost constant pain in my mid back that seems to radiate to my front area around my upper abdomin (abdomen) and lower chest area.  I have recently had a CAT scann which diagnosed my fatty liver and kidney stones which are small enough to pass.  Nothing else showed up though.  I worry about my heart but I think its pretty strong.  Have not been diagnosed with any heart desease although I have had high tryglicerodes and Cholesteral before when I was heavy drinking.  I have also used recreational drugs in the past but not for 10 or so years now.

This discussion is related to Still really worried about Mid chest and back pain.