Pain Management Community
Might be overdosing, need helpp, please

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Might be overdosing, need helpp, please

um so far ive taken

- 2 ambien (not CR), 10mg each
- 2 tylenol PM (500mg/20mg)
- 5 or maybe more Advil PM (200mg/38mg)
- and a good bit of weed

so:

- 20mg zolpidem
- 230mg diphenhydramine HCI
- 1000mg acetaminophen
- 1000mg+ ibuprofen
- pot... idk not THAT much but a good amount

im 6'1" and 220lbs, im not fat but my BMI is like a little over average.  220 would look pretty overweight on most people but i'm a generally big guy, big shoulders, football player etc. so once again, not very fat for my weight.  pretty healthy, no health problems, just occasional heartburn/increased blood pressure when i take Adderall (adderrall) in the morning.  and the pot wasn't laced with anything...

lungs feel really heavy, kinda hard to breathe, everythings reeeeally slow, sometimes things slow down to almost a full stop.. everything is sorta "waving" around, just side to side kinda, but the whole computer screen is zooming in/out constantly...  

i can probably explain better later when im not feeling like this, but im obviously just getting high, i mean i wouldnt load up like this on a sunday afternoon or something... just need to know if im gonna be alright or not, or what i should do..

also, i guess if something does happen, are they going to do drug tests?  that wouldnt be good for me, to say the least.

ps.  would Skelaxin (metaxalone) effect me in any way?
No, it doesn't sound like a overdose at all with any of the drugs you mentioned. What possesed you to do this?
sorry for posting this last night, i dont remember much but it seems like i was just paranoid or something....

it ended up being alot more than what i mentioned, i checked how much i have left now and it was maybe twice that.  

to answer your question, i just wanted to get high... i mean im 17, it was a friday night (nothing important on saturday, and last day of school for the week obviously) and im a somewhat habitual drug user.  so its not a big deal for me, i guess last night was just different.

i actually slept well (i think normally that much sedation would just be a "passed out" kind of sleep) and woke up relatively early with no hangover...  i mean i was VERY messed up, i can remember what i saw, and everything was just moving constantly, i have a very vivid memory of looking at my desk and it looked like it was moving towards me... alot of crazy stuff to say the least.

anyway thanks for posting, i guess this thread is done but if anyone knows if this is bad, dont hesitate to post.
Tha's how I was when I was your age and have had years of pain because of my drug use. I sought out drugs from people's medicine cabinets or would go to the dealers. At first it was curiosity and pleasure then it took over my live for over 20 years. For some people it's a phase then they stop but for others it becomes an obsession and you loose control. You don't know which will happen to you so wise up fast. all the best
well thanks i really do appreciate the advice, I have plenty of friends who have destroyed their lives simply because the people they get high with say things like "its just pills, whats the worst it'll do" instead of telling them the reality of what they're doing.  

I mean my life isn't terrible or anything but I do undergo alot of stress everyday, in many ways, and my drug use is probably just how I self-medicate.  When I describe what drugs I do and how much I do, people often see a typical high-school 'druggie', but to be honest I'm really not.  I know what drugs I'm doing, how much is too much, and to never give in to the "just a little more" mentality.

I've done heroin (smoked, NOT injected), cocaine, ecstasy, all types of sedatives/pain killers/muscle relaxants, and smoked some of the strongest pot out there.  But alot of it is really just experimental you know, I understand that a majority of adults experimented when they were teens, so I see it as a time when I'm not only allowed to do drugs by a social standard, but rather that I'm supposed to.  I live in southern Arizona, but on the north side of town... I grew up in Atlanta, then the south side of Tucson (alot of drugs) but never actually did any drugs until I moved to the north side, which is known to be rich, stuck-up, and full of old people (we call them "snow birds" here, they come to Arizona during winter only).  It seems strange that I grew up around alot of drugs but never even considered using until I was away from the major influences.

Yet with all the drugs I've done, I'm incredibly proud to say that I have never been addicted to anything, except maybe caffeine, but that's no biggie.  Eh and I suppose I'm rather dependent on Ambien or 'something' to help me sleep, but I've been on Ambien for over 2 years, so I think its rather expected.  However over vacation this summer, my ambien scrip was out, and I managed to sleep and wake up regularly every day, so evidently most of my so-called dependence is mental.  

It is a little impressive I suppose, to be a teen with friends that are addicts and always use drugs, and to have used alot myself, but not be addicted.  Don't get me wrong, I think it shows alot of self-control, but I've had alot of reverse-positive influences in my life.  One example would be my brother.  He's been addicted to alcohol, gambling, cigarettes, coke, pot, random pills, and most importantly, oxycodone.  His addiction problems started with alcoholism, but as soon as he got over that, something else came  into his life... So even if he recovered from one thing, it lead to another.  Eventually it lead to an oxycodone overdose, which STILL wasn't enough to change things.  In rehab, he tried breaking into the medicine cabinet several times, he's been on methadone for over a year, still uses various drugs on occasion (coke is the worst that I know of).  Religion isn't enough to change him, he just uses it as a facade to make my parents think he's staying clean.  His girlfriend of 15+ months has broken up with him several times over drugs, and it clearly broke his heart nearly to the point of suicide, yet that still wasn't enough....

I myself have always been extremely observant and curious, and I tend to grasp the 'lesson' of most situations.  In the case of my brother, I've learned plenty, especially for my age (most of this happened when I was 16, I'm now 17).  I see that in drug addiction/abuse, there's only one way for it to end, and there are no drugs involved in whatever "ending" you come to.  You can't recover from an addiction and still use it, it just can't and won't happen.  Nobody does crack every saturday night, then lives a normal life the rest of the time.... If you tried a 'habitual' approach to avoid addiction (using only on weekends or only at night, etc.) it still won't work.  Maybe it's possible for some of the weakest drugs, but I mean real drugs.  You start using every now and then, then you hang out with people who do it too, so you start using on your own time, and with them... Then you get your 'moment of clarity' and try to use it less, but then you get withdrawals.  And the withdrawals, combined with your body's need for it (since you've been using so much), can and WILL alter your thought process, morals, desires, goals, ambitions, state of mind, personality, everything...  It may not always be your fault, the drug can change the way you think, but when you started using it, you knew damn well what it does.  

And I can't allow myself to do that.  I'm not a very determined or strong-willed person usually, but when it comes to drugs, I just can't throw my life away like that...  I love getting high, but the repercussions are enough reality for me.  I hate hearing friends say they're disappointed to see me do drugs (alot of people know that I'm extremely smart, I always have A's in class, and on almost every standardized test, I've scored in 99th percentile).  But it doesn't make sense to hear somebody say "you're stupid to do drugs, because you're smart", atleast to me it seems redundant.  

hahhhahah I just scrolled up and noticed how much I wrote, lol I'm sorry for the rant, but I do love this subject, and I could talk about it all day.  I'll end it now, but if anyone actually read all the way through, let me know what you think....?
You do seem smarter than the average bear but that won't save you from addiction if it's in the cards for you. I'm not saying it is but it could be. Genetic and social factors can have a termendous impact of the development of addiction. I've seen people get hooked for life the first time they did narcotics and other may take years to devlope. I had one friend who used heroin on weekends for 15 years off and on. I was living In L.a.  used to tell addiction specialist about this anomalty. When I got back to Pa. and saw him his was hooked like a lab monkey. He's now fine but it just goes to show you that one never knows. DO ONE? ha, sorry, all the best
If you are feeling nervous at all, slack off on the diphendydramine. Why do you take that? Also the liver doesnt like tylenol and for me it does ZIP for pain so 1000 mg is high. Also else seems ok if your stomach can handle the ibupro. Good luck mr. lucky. I have severe back pain and wondering if POT would help since I no longer have insurance.

- 20mg zolpidem
- 230mg diphenhydramine HCI
- 1000mg acetaminophen
- 1000mg+ ibuprofen
well that was a bit of an experimental night, i do like taking alot of diphenhydramine with ambien, although I often get worried about how much I can take.... That night above, my breathing was very shallow, and it seemed like breathing was voluntary... when i was laying in bed i would kinda have to concentrate on breathing, but i've had that feeling plenty of times before from just ambien, i dont know why.. probably cause it makes me feel dissociated most of the time. except im not sure why but that night it felt alot worse than its ever been, and the high was making me extremely worried about what would happen if i fell asleep while struggling to breathe.