Pain Management Community
My right side of the rib cage feels bruised and painful! What's wro...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

My right side of the rib cage feels bruised and painful! What's wrong with me?

I have this bruised feeling on my right hand side, under my breast and it feels like it's on and inside of my ribs.
I went out last Friday and drank too much with a friend, I rarely drink, so I am not sure if this was part of the cause - I had 3 or 4 red bulls and vodka...
After going home I was stretching and getting ready for bed when I had a sharp pain on my right side, it really scared me and I went straight to bed hoping to feel better in the morning.
But in the morning, I felt bruised, it hurts to breathe, and if I put pressure on it, it is really painful. Please help, I really don't know what this could be, but I am 25, and am in very good health...this is freaking me out though and though the pain has lessend a bit in 4 days, it still s scaring me. Could it be a problem in my lungs? What is wrong with me?!
There can be different reasons for rib cage pain, i have been having the same pain, my gal bladder is fine, i could be appendecitice in some cases, not always, otherwise, in general, many feel this pain and it seems like common and of no harm.

you may want to see a doctor just in case.