Pain Management Community
My tailbone hurts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

My tailbone hurts

Yesterday, i fell on a wet stairs and landed hard on my butt. initially, it hurts a little. But i could hardly get any sleep as the pain was getting intense. Each time i move to the other side of the bed, my tailbone hurts. and when i sneeze, it hurts terribly, i cannot lean back when i was sitting of a chair as it will hurt, and when i press the sides of my butt, it hurts terribly too. what happened? :-(
PS. i do sports.. how long does it take to heal :-(
Hi!
Please consult a doctor and get X-rays and MRIs. Along with that you need to avoid sitting on hard surfaces. Depending on the diagnosis, you may need to opt for exercises, deep massage therapy, pain killers and exercise. You may need to wear back support (lumbar corset). Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.