Pain Management Community
My thumb/hand has been hurting for 3 weeks... HELP!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My thumb/hand has been hurting for 3 weeks... HELP!

I am a cheerleader for my high school and while stunting I stubbed/jammed my thumb and ever sense then it has been hurting.  I have a high pain tolerance so i really cant tell how bad it is.  Its been 3 weeks almost 4 and it isnt swollen but every time its hit it hurts.  The pain is located from my bottom thumb knuckle almost or to my wrist. What is wrong with it? should i see a doctor?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Oh and certain ways i move my thumb it hurts but for the most part moving my thumb doesnt hurt.. same thing happened when i broke my arm...
Blank
Go and see a docyor hun.  I broke a finger a few months ago and didnt know it for a few weeks before i decided to go for an xray.  Get yourself to the Dr without delay... if its broken and you continue to leave it it probably wont set right. good luck x
Blank
None of us are Dr.s on here so we can't diagnose you...(Even a Dr. couldn't do this online)...

So yes...you need to go visit your GP...They will take an x-ray just to check for any fractures...

You will most likely need to wear a thumb brace..

Taking Advil is the best medicine as it's an anti-inflammatory. Just follow the directions on the bottle.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank