Pain Management Community
NEED HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

NEED HELP

I Just had a decompression surgery on march 11th and since have had 3 more too fix a spinal fluid leak and now i have a lump on my back the size of a baseball since the first surgery i have had a major headache that wont go alway and had too lay down for two months now will this ever go away i am currently taking 100mg fentlenly patch and 4mg of dalildid daily with no pain med seem too work how long will this continue and will this lump ever go away PLEASE HELP ASAP
Hello Corynel,

I am so very sorry to hear about the issues you have had since surgery and the pain you are going through. You must be so frustrated.

I am sorry but I do not know what could be going on besides what your physicians have said. If you are dissatisfied with your physician/surgeon I suggest you seek a second opinion. When ever you are dissatisfied with a a service provider and physician are service providers, you should not be afraid to seek another opinion. It is your body.

Others will post that may have more personal experience than I do. Our members are very supportive and informational.

Please let us know how you are doing. We will look forward to hearing from you. Take care, Tuck  
Does your head hurt while you are laying flat on your back? If the pain is relieved only when you lay down it could be a spinal headache. They are dreadful and very painful. I had one from a myelogram and it took about 7-10 days before it got better. How did they try to fix the spinal leak? Did they do a blood patch? Many times a blood patch does not fix the problem either. If this is the cause you need to drink caffeinated beverages and drink as many fluids as you can to help replace the spinal fluid you have lost. You need to let your surgeon know you are still having problems. When was the last time they tried to fix it? Sometimes only time and patience are the solution so your body can heal the leak and sometimes more intervention is required. If it has gone on this long you would think they would be trying something else to help you. I am sorry you are in so much pain.
Best wishes     Audrea