Neck and Head pain
I am not sure what I did but when I got up this morning, I turned my head and got a really bad pain in my neck and it is sharp and it goes all the way up the back up my head, and it makes my head hurt.  I have never had a pain like this before and with it being my neck and head it scares me. I don't know if I should wait it out and see if it goes away or get it check out. Any advice would be great.
Jamie
I would microwave a towel for ~2 minutes and then wrap it around your neck and see if the heat helps loosen you neck muscles. Also, some ibuprofen might not be out of place.

feel better!

~Dame
Did you sleep on it wrong? I do it all the time. A heating pad should make it feel better.
Hi Jamie,

Sorry that you are hurting. Isn't it crazy how a little turn or twist can cause us so much discomfort?

The usual treatment for a sprain or strain is RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Due to the location it will be difficult to elevate the area and obviously compression wrapping is not recommended for the neck. So I would do the ice to begin with and rest the area. Even holding your head up can cause strain to the muscles and supporting structure of your neck. So try to rest whenever possible.

I don't know what you take for other medications. Before taking an NSAID, unless you routinely take one per your physicians directive; I would check with your pharmacist. They are such a good source for medication questions.

If you aren't better of course check with your physician. Or if your pain is so severe that it is intolerable don't wait, have it checked out. It's always best to check with your PCP. You're coming up on the weekend soon so you may want to consider giving your PCP a call. Hopefully you have just strained it a bit and it will feel better soon.

We'll look forward to your updates.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Hey Jamie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your ADDED pain!! I hate to ask this - is there any chance that this could be part of the nerve pain from your jaw that you already have and it is expanding?

I'm hoping that it (the pain) has already let up. Please give us an update on how you are doing tonight. Have been worried about you!!

Take Care....Sherry