Pain Management Community
Need Help w/ Thoracic ESI side effects and should I do a 2nd one?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need Help w/ Thoracic ESI side effects and should I do a 2nd one?

Well Wednesday 8/5/09 I had my first Thoracic ESI (epidural steroid injection).  I have had a whopper of a headache since then...I have felt weird overall and even got so nauseous that I threw up on saturday.  (Maybe I was just too active...I don't know).  I called the Doctor's office that did the procedure and they don't think my headache is related.  They want to do the 2nd injection and maybe just use less steroids and that I should take zyrtec (which I already take daily).  They don't seem too concerned overall about how I feel and suggested that I talk to the Doc at my next procedure.  I want to cry..ok I did cry...I am sooo frustrated...  They asked if my headache gets better when laying down...I'm not sure actually....I guess I'll have to keep better track...  Has anyone else out there experienced this after an ESI?  Would you do the 2nd one?  I need help!!!  (Also, my discs are herniated at T6-T7 & T7-T8 and the ESI was done at like the T11-T12 area...why is that?  They also had no explanation at the doc's office either...)  So where I hurt still hurts and actually is worse....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for any help!!!!