Pain Management Community
Need Help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Need Help

Hello everyone, Im new to this ive heard alot about it though, I live in daytona and my dr. got shut down if there is anyone that can help me, it will be very much appreciated. I have Rheumatoid arthritis and im in alot of pain. ive been taking 30mg roxicodone HCL 4 times a day. and 15 mg roxicodone HCL 2 times a day for breakthough pain 2mg xanex two times a day and i have 3 days of meds left, I have the cash for a visit i just need help with a good dr, ive done shock therapy, been through all kinds of tests and only thing they will do is treat with pain meds, please anyone let me know i will travel just not out of state. sandee1818 if you wouldnt mind i would like your help with this situation thanks very much.
Of course, no one here is a doctor and that's what you need!  If I were in your position, I would taper my medications since you only have 3 days left.  I'm not sure how likely it is that you'd be able to find a new doctor, get an appointment, and get your prescriptions refilled in three days.  

Do you have any friends or family that have CP and could refer you to another pain management clinic?  I'm not a big believer of finding doctors through the Yellow Pages or online, but you may not have a choice at the moment.  The most important thing is trying to get a new doctor ASAP.

Hopefully someone will come on soon that has better ideas.  Maybe there's someone in your area that could give you a referral.  If worse comes to worse, I suppose you could go to a walk-in clinic or the ER but I'm not sure how likely they would be to prescribe narcotics.
Hi Shadow,

I'm so sorry that you are in this position. I do want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum. We are not Dr's and are only CP (Chronic Pain ) Patients.

You must understand that we DO NOT recommend Physicians at all on here.  However, what you need to do is to go back to your PCP or find a new PCP and have them give you another referral ASAP. I'm truly sorry that you have found yourself in this position. The way that you said it that your Dr. "got shut down", unfortunately sound that you were involved with one of the "Pain Mills" there in South Florida. I'm truly sorry for you. You need to get in with a legitimate Dr. that can REALLY help you with your pain. The REAL Dr.'s WILL treat your pain in other ways than JUST with PILLS.

I hope that you will keep us updated as a I am very concerned for what you are going thru. Please keep us updated....Sherry
Sorry  I meant to add a PS.

PS. What Mellie said is correct you need to start tapering your meds IMMEDIATELY!! Then on Monday get hold of your PCP and start again. Maybe he/she can give you enough to get by until you can get into a new PM Dr.

Good Luck....Sherry
so sorry RE: your situation!!
I would start by contacting my PCP.  Then googleing "pain management daytona"

I also agree with whom ever said "you need to start tapering your meds IMMEDIATELY"
(this is MUCH easier said then done)

Good Luck!
Thank yall for caring and giving m great advice, talk to yall later and will keep yall updated,
You may even want to try ratemds.com.  They have other people's opinions on the potential doctors, which I think is good.  Good luck and I hope you find a doctor soon.