Pain Management Community
Need Help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Need Help!!

Ok so no hating please!!!

About 4 weeks ago I had sever wisdom tooth pain it was on a weekend so I went to the ER. They gave me a few pain pills to help until I got to the dentist went to the dentist a few days from that she told me my wisdom tooth was infected the nerves were showing and I would need it out so I made an appointment for that I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled ... She gave me a prescription to help the pain I did as the the bottle said took 1 every 4 hours ... Well the pain got worse and I am pretty sure I have a Dry Socket... the dentist was closed so I went to Convince Care to get a few more pain meds to hold me over mind you I'm in severe pain !!! Now comes the dumb part yes I am an idiot!!! In my dumb pain ways I changed the subscription to more than I was prescribed... I know this is wrong when I went to the counter I kinda changed my tune I said I think that's a 25 (which is what the doctor had given) instead of the 35 which I made it... Well they they caught on and well th  police got called ... the only reason. I wasn't arrested was because I had my 3 month old =(((( this is my first offence I'm not an addict I don't take pills regularly I.. was.. just... in
... pain!!! The pain thought for me. Here I am still in pain because of my numbness...I'm scared! I don't want to go to jail ... I am turning turning myself in Monday the cop thanked me for being honest with him. I regret it ive been crying for hours in end I've never done anything bad in my life...what will they do to me?? Will they put me in jail for a long time will I have to pay 5,000$ or more gah I'm so scared. I guess pain does crazy things! Not an addict !!
HI CocoKeys. Welcome to the forum. I'm a addict in recovery and I have to say for someone that does not take pain meds regularly this is definitely a red flag for you that in the Future you will have to have your pain meds doled out too you as your actions were not able to be controlled This is one of the definitions of addiction..  Seeing how this is your first offensive I do not see you doing jail time although you may have to do meetings and such as the court will not distinguish if you are a addict our not as your behavior speaks for itself.. They may turn it over to drug court I do not know about a fine but I do not think it is that much. I hope your wisdom tooth pain is better If it would make you feel better you may be able to consult with a attorney for free just to get a idea of what will go on.. I'm sorry you are going thru this but try not to stress to much, they did not take you away CPS might get involved seeing how it has to do with drugs. I wish I had better advice our at least comfort but you changed a script and it is serious not for just breaking the law but how far you will go to obtain more drugs is alarming.. Seek help as a non addict a dependent person would not go to this length to obtain drugs this is something a addict would do. I wish you well. lesa
clove oil on dry socket will numb it so the pain stops, it can be bought at the pharmaceutical counter at your market.. take care
OK, no judgment here, depending on the state you live in and if this is your first offense, I think you might get probation, maybe a small fine, and maybe required to go to some meetings. Obviously you know you made a mistake, you owned up to it, took responsibility for your actions. That is going to go a long way with the court and prosecutor. I wish you the best of luck!