Pain Management Community
Need a private Dr that prescribes methadone in Birmingham, AL

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I am searching for a private Dr. in Birmingham, Al that that treats opiate addiction through prescribing methadone. I have been going to a clinic for about 3 years, I need to be treated for high blood pressure and severe lower back pain as well as the methadone treatment. Searching for a private Dr that can help with treatment for all issues with the intent of getting off methadone eventually while treating the other issues. I also would like to use my Blue Cross health insurance. Thanks for any suggestions.

DoubleD123
Hello Doubled,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry you are unable to locate a physician to treat you. We are chronic pain patients and not recovering from addiction.

Our Substance Abuse, Addiction Forum may be of more assistance to you. You can find them by going to our Forum listings in the left hand side of the blue banner on top of this page. If you need help locating them please let me know.

We do not recommend specific physicians. Have you tried Goggling for the physician(s) you are seeking in your area?

I wish you the best and hope you are able to locate a great physician.

Peace,
~Tuck

Thank you very much for your response,I thought I switched over to the addiction forum, guess it didn't work. Thank you again your response helped me.

Double D
I had back surgery 13 yrs ago and have been on methadone for chronic pain since then. It works great, doesn't interfere with my day to day functions but my physician has retired and left me with no one to turn to. I had one pain clinic try to put me on buprenorphine but my ins won't cover it and I'd rather just stay on what works for me!  Anyone know of a pain clinic in Birmingham, Al that uses methadone for chronic pain control?  I would so appreciate any help.
Hi - Did you ever find a Dr in Birmingham to prescibe Methadone?

Thanks,
Frank
methadone used the correct way will work for  your problem but let me tell you from experiance used the wrong way will put you through HELL. I was in a methadone clinic for 13 yeas and got up to 140mg a day mistake but now I'm off of it like i said earlier it took 13 years to get off and more pain and withdraws then i ever went through when i was taking pain killers yes methadone help but it also put estrigen in our system you will gain weight like nobodys buisness but if this is your sulution to getting off pain killers don't let it go on for to long and also try subtoxin easier to get off of then methadone