Pain Management Community
Need med to get through

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Need med to get through

Does anybody know where I can go to get enough pain medication to make it through to my appt. ?
What kind of pain meds until what appointment?  Did you run out?  Do you have a doctor?  I need more information to be able to give you an answer.
I answered you in your other post...please try to stick to one thread....you can add things to your original question by posting comments like everyone else will do when they try to answer people's questions.  You may not get consistent information, and it is very hard to follow you if you make multiple posts:) If you stick to one thread, all the information is in one place, and everyone can build upon eachother's answers:) And it will prevent people from spending time answering you in the same way someone else has on your other thread.  
I agree about trying to stick to one thread - that way you and the rest of us can more easily keep track of your answers and be able to help you more.

I did read your other threads and it sounds like you've run out of your meds before you should have.  I do understand that your current meds are not helping your pain as well as they should/could, however, by self-medicating by taking more than prescribed (or differently than prescribed), you not only risk yourself physical damage from possible overdose, extreme side effects, etc., but you also risk being dismissed from your doctor's care and that would mean NO meds at all.  I'm sure you don't want or need that to happen.  I dont' know exactly what medication you're prescribed, but in one of your other posts, you stated that it was to be taken twice a day - that makes me think that it's a long-acting med and definitely shoudl NOT be taken more often than that.  Long acting meds like that are controlled or slow release meds, meaning that some of the med is immediately released into your system when you first take it and then the rest is slowly released into your system over a period of time.  That is why they are typically only to be taken twice a day and to take it more often, you definitely run the risk of overdose.

That in mind, I also want/need to point out that IF you were to go somewhere else for pain meds "to cover until your appointment", you also are in real danger of not only being dismissed by your current doctor, but also possible legal prosecution.  This is called doctor-shopping and in some states, can be cause for arrest and prosecution.  That is if the pharmacy would even fill another prescription for the same meds from a different doctor.

I urge you to call your current physician and be totally honest with him/her and tell them that your current meds and dosage are not helping and you need to be seen sooner than your scheduled appointment.  You also need to be totally honest with them as to exactly how much of the meds you are currently taking and how often you're taking them.

I wish you the best of luck.