Pain Management Community
Negative on blood drug test for heroin although I used

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I recently had a blood drug test. The test was unexpected, and I actually used heroin (shot up) less than an hour before. To my amazement, the test came back negative.

My question is why? I certainly got high. I haden't used for a long time before that, and I thought that maybe the blood test was TOO SOON after use, and the drug had not metabolized in my blood? I ended up taking a urine test a day later and did come up negative, so I'm really confused.

Does anyone know why this may have happened?
And we wonder why many legit pain patients have issues getting treated or are being dropped.

I just would like an answer from someone who knows about drug tests (specifically blood) who can provide useful advice. I know people would much rather prefer posting their "2 cents" and opinion but it would be so nice to actually get an intelligent answer from an intelligent person!
Linds801 it sounds like you may be in the wrong forum, perhaps the substance abuse/addiction forum may respond better. I must agree with Totie. Don't get me wrong we all have issues and how we deal with them is our business. I have been watching this forum for several months now as I to suffer from chronic pain and the people in this forum are nothing short of amazing in regards to how they respond to fellow individuals who suffer from chronic pain. I have a great PM doctor who has taken excellent care of me for several years but I suspect that being the compassionate man he is if I were to tell him that "by the way I am shooting up herion in addition the the meds you are prescribing me" he would show me the door and say good luck with your pain issues from now on. I have administered thousands of urinalysis test over the years in my position and I have had clients tell me that they have recently used an illegal substance as we are doing the test and it is not uncommon that the test turns up negative for the substance they stated they had recently used. A lot of factors come to play here but what I am not is a doctor. I recommend linds801 that you speak with your doctor regarding this issue. If you should have a issue regarding pain you may be having give us a shout and you will find numerous advice and assistance. I hope you find a answer to your question.