Pain Management Community
Negative urinalysis results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Negative urinalysis results

I take percocet and neurotin for severe pain in lower back which radiates down my left leg as a result of a car accident.  I am in a pain management program, when I entered I took a urinalysis I never recieved the results to I assumed everything was ok.  6 months later I took another one and now my doctor is telling me he will not refill my scripts  b/c my test didnt show percocet in my system (how is this possible? I take my meds as prescribed) and I have less than a week to find another program.

My question is how is it possible it doesnt show up when I take them as directed, I asked what am I suppose to do about withdrawals and he said I wont have withdrawals since there are none in my system.

My second questions is will another pain management doctor treat me since Im sure the doctor will put the results in my file, its my word against they test.  I dont nor have I ever done street drugs or drink and I have a highly professional job and cant afford to go through withdrawals or do my job effectively with this type of pain without it being controlled.  This is humiliating and makes me feel like Im a liar/drug dealer.
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. There are some drugs that will cause a false negative and they are listed in my journal under false negative results.
Ask for a second test to be done for your record so you will have a better chance at finding a new doctor to treat you.
You can have a follicle test done , they are available online.
Let us know if we can help any further and I hope you can find a new doc to treat you:)
Hi... I have a friend that is in her late 60's and she had been on Ativan for about 10 years and was addicted to them.  But anyways .... her doctor called her in one day and she had no idea why but when she got there he had her do a urine drug test.  Well a few days later he called her in or she had a appt. (cant remember) but he told her that the test came back showing that the ativan wasnt in her system... she was shocked and told him that she has been taking 3 a day for 10 years.  Well to make a long story short... she asked him to do another test and he straight out said NO !!  He was really hateful with her and she even asked him..." well what do you think Im doing with them.. selling them" ?  And he more less told her ..." yes ".  She was sooooo MAD !!  And she had been going to this doctor for years.  My personal opinion was that I think he was getting tired of telling her that she needed to get counseling and she refuse about 3 times and I think he was just tired of trying to help her.... but I know that probably doesnt make any sense... but why wouldnt he give her another test?  I feel that doctors do what they want to do... their human to.  No different than we are.  Maybe Im wrong for feeling this way but Ive had a few run in's with a few doctors myself.. not over drug testing or anything like that but I cant stand the ones that dont want to listen to you and I finally found one that will listen to me and my problems!  Thank God!!!!  Im so sorry this has happened to you and I hope things will get better and you find a good doctor... it might take some time.  I even thought about going out of town to find one.. but finally got lucky!!!   Take care............................................Jazzmin1986
There's a lot of posts lately about this, either people are doing something wrong, or the tests are completely wrong.

Make them retest you, take a percocet beforehand and if it still says no, it's got to be the test.