Nerve Blocker
I was wondering if anyone on here has heard of a nerve blocker? My doctor at the National Pain Institute has mentioned the treatment to me. I have been having severe pressure and pain all over my head specially at the base of the skull for about 6 months now.  There has not been a medicine that can help it at this point I am having an MRI done next week.....
Hello Hellotreena,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad you found us and took the time to post. Please forgive my tardy response. I have been having some computer problems.

I think you mean Nerve Block and not Blocker. I have not had one so I do not have personal experience to rely to you. However I do know that nerve blocks are used for in several conditions including pain management. There are several different types of nerve blocks that serve different purposes.

Which type of nerve block they use will depend on your physician and what it is intended to do. We all respond to these blocks differently. Some ppl claim great relief from pain....others claim very little effectiveness. Again much has to do with the location of your pain, the skill of the practitioner performing the procedure and how your body responds to to the treatment. Usually these blocks are not a forever cure. Their effects can range from  a few weeks to a year or more.  

If it has potential of reducing your pain levels I would certainly explore it. Discuss the procedure in detail with your PMP. Find out what he hopes to accomplish, ask his success statistics, research all you can, weights the pros and cons and then make your best educated and informed decision.

Please feel free to return here with the name of the Nerve Block and we will do our best to provide you with more specific information. Our forum is a bit slower than normal with responses due to the holiday weekend.  

I hope you will become active in our community. Please feel free to ask additional questions and respond to other threads. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Peace,
~Tuck

I had a medial branch nerve block and it worked wonders!
what exactly is this procedure?
yes, I have a new doctor and he did a nerve block.  I had pain for 10 years.   I do not have any pain.