Pain Management Community
New comer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

New comer

I went to my 1srt appointment last month and failed my drug test(weed) but i have been clean 39 days and past a at home test...she did give gabapetin for my nerve damage...what do you think they will start me on now that i can have a narcotic?...i have a completely blown disc L5-S1...i read that my nerve meds wont let my body absorb hydrocodene
It is really hard to tell what yur dr will give you.  Is the stuff they gave you last month?  Do you need a narcotis or is it more that you want it.  Narcotics are very addictive and shouldn't be taken just for fun.  Please think about what u want for the rest of your life because withdraw isnt all its cracked up to be.
went threw withdrawl (withdrawal) last month.that didnt bother me to bad...im lucky i guess. but i def need better pain meds. and i sure dont take them for fun!!! i was gonna have spinal fusion surgery but we switch ins. so that is why im going to pain clinic. i know pain meds. are only a band-aid. i want the problem fixed not covered up....plus if i take them like im told why would i go threw any with drawl? i just was wondering if i was gonna get any ease from my pain or not, but i guess i will find out monday. i will post what i get and let yall know if it helps....thanks for response and your concern.
I also have nerve damage and I am on Dilaudid for pain. No you do not have to take the as prescribed you can take them less. I was an idiot when all my problems first started and took Soma and Dilaudid exactly as it said on the bottle, every 6 hours 4x's a day and was hooked pretty quick. The withdrawals were horrible after using for five years. The worst one was Gabirtil which is like your Gabapentin I actually had to taper off of those. Now will a little education under my belt and a LOT of trial and error I have discovered that while I do need pain meds the only pills that work for nerve pain are nerve medications such as Valium, Xanax, Gabapentin, ect. For me Valium works better than the Gabapentin. Work with your dr to see what will work for you, ask for a trial period on any new meds. It ***** to get stuck with a full script of a pill that is not helping and there is nothing you can do until it runs out. You may also want to check on decompression therapy you may or may not be able to do it depending on how things are with your back but it is also worth a shot. Good luck to you I hope you get relief soon, I will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability, Sissie
Good luck to you on Monday. Who knows if they test you again and come up negative, they might just give you something. You'll have to earn their trust but it can be done, you just might have to give it some time and be willing to do whatever they ask of you. Let us know how it goes OK.Take care!
thanks.....im sure i will pass the test since i passed a at home test,but if they dont give me something this month i think i will only go 1 more month and if nothing then i will probably just tough it out on my own...
Or you could maybe even find a different doctor, if your not comfortable with the one you have now. You do have choices and not all doctors are concerned with past MJ use, many are ok as long as you stop using it if they say so. Hang in there!
i dont mind not having the mj.....i will just have to wait and see....thanks for the input!!