Pain Management Community
Non addictive pain killers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Non addictive pain killers

IS there any perscription pain medication  out there this is not addicting?
Hi SWArkansas,

I want to welcome you to the PM (Pain Management) Forum. :)  We're very glad that you have found this site!!

I've read your all of your older posts and see that you have been trying to get off of the Vicodin.  Good for you!! You should be very proud of yourself!!!  :)  What type of pain are you having as that would be helpful to know.  I know you were in a car accident two years ago, and I'm very sorry to hear that.  However, you didn't state what injuries you had and what the Vicodin was prescribed for.  

As far as I know all of the Opiates have the potential for either dependency or addiction when not used properly and for legitimate pain.  What has your Doctor told you?  Are you still going to the same Doctor you were using?  Your Pharmacist is probably the best for information when it comes to Meds as that is their business.  :)  I would go and talk to your Pharmacist and get all of the information and see what they would recommend (if they will recommend anything) and if they won't then you really need to talk with your Doctor.  Are you still with the Doctor that you were with? If you are then,he/she already knows of your problem as you told him/her and he/she will be able to guide you in the right direction.  If you aren't then just be honest with your new Doctor and let him/her guide you.

I hope that this has helped you in some way and that you will be able to find something that can help you.  Just know that we are here for you and I hope that you will remain an active member on our PM forum!!

I'll be looking forward to your updates and as I said earlier, I'm very glad that you have found us.

I wish you the very best..............Sherry  :)