Non addictive pain relief?
Is there any truely non narcotic, non-addictive pain relief that works for moderate to severe muscularskeletal pain??
The only thing I am aware of is Ibuprofen 800 mg every 6 to 8 hours.  I am not a doctor, just a patient.  They say that Tramadol is not addictive however it is for some, not for others
Good luck
There are also a large variety of muscle relaxers.  Soma is a muscle relaxer that is addictive for many people but something like Flexeril may work well for you.  Also, Cymbalta has just been FDA approved to treat muscular-skeletal pain.  It is a non-narcotic medicine in the family of anti-depressants.  Trigger point injections by a physiatrist may be a great benefit to you as trigger points are the main cause of myofascial pain syndrome (aka severe muscular pain).  I also have myofascial pain syndrome.  I find that along with a muscle relaxer and antidepressant, Theracane therapy helps tremendously.  A Theracane is used to apply deep pressure on the trigger points.  Repeated frequent use reduces the pain signals released by the trigger points.  Theracane therapy is commonly referred to as self-accupressure.  Google "Theracane" and a lot of great info will come up.

I hope you feel better soon.  Take care.

femmy
I personally LOVE the new Ben-gay lotion that you keep in your freezer. Its better than any topical cream I've ever used. I use it for my neck, it works amazing at relaxing the neck muscles for me and actually helps relive tension headaches i get from my neck issues. As for muscle relaxers, (just in my case) flexeril didn't help at all, but baclofen works great. Hope that helps and good luck to you.