Pain Management Community
Norco and Percocet taken together is it okay

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have been taking Norco and Percocet 10mg for three months is it okay to take them together.
It won't hurt you to take the two opiates together, they are often prescribed together for pain control, with one being used as the primary med and the other being used for breakthrough pain.  The problem with it, though, is you have GOT to watch your tylenol consumption.  The safe limit of tylenol per day is 4000mg, anything more than that can be toxic, and since both meds contain tylenol, you'll reach that level fairly quickly without half trying.  

Ghilly
Hi Pain309,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad you found us.There are no physicians on this forum. We are chronic pain patients responding to questions for the most part from personal experience.

If you question is can you take a Norco (Hydrocodone) at 10:00 AM and along with it take a Percocet (Oxycodone) at 10:00 AM the answer is no, it is certainly not recommended. Ask the physician that prescribed both of the meds for you how he/she meant for you to take them.

They are both narcotic pain medications. The percocet is stronger than the Norco. However that doesn't mean that it will work better. Hydrocodone works better for me than Oxycodone. Physicians will some times order the Oxycodone for more severe pain control and order the Hydrocodone for lesser pain. So yes you can take them in the same day, several hours apart but again please discuss this with your physician.

I hope my answer have been clear. If not feel free to let me know. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Take Care, Tuck
I broke T12 through L2 transverse processes and fractured my 12th rib all on my left side. ER gave me shots of fentinol, morphine and dilaudid not much help. Sent me home with Percocet it helped the most but still about an 8 pain level but I could move more.  Went back to dr for follow up,wanted to give me Tylenol 3 and flexiril. I went back to ER got another shot of dilaudid and a Percocet then had a pain management dr appt next day. Went there here perscribed dilidid and a muscle relaxer.  Not working. I'm switching back and forth to Percocet. I also have norco I've thrown in a couple times.  Help!?  I am in excruciating pain
I wish there was more that could be done. But our pain management options are severely limited. See several doctors of course for second options, you may find an angel ... and I hope so. But our government has seen fit to tie their hands. But you do have secondary options as well that may offer relief, even though we know that there was a solution. So make sure you consider everything, other than what our primary doctors can now offer. I too have several broken lumbar vertebrae, you must pursue what you can.