PAIN MANAGEMENT
COMMUNITY
Norco and Percocet taken together is it okay
by pain309, Jan 05, 2009
I have been taking Norco and Percocet 10mg for three months is it okay to take them together.
Member Comments (2)
by Ghilly, Jan 05, 2009
It won't hurt you to take the two opiates together, they are often prescribed together for pain control, with one being used as the primary med and the other being used for breakthrough pain.  The problem with it, though, is you have GOT to watch your tylenol consumption.  The safe limit of tylenol per day is 4000mg, anything more than that can be toxic, and since both meds contain tylenol, you'll reach that level fairly quickly without half trying.  

Ghilly
by Tuckamore, Jan 05, 2009
Hi Pain309,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad you found us.There are no physicians on this forum. We are chronic pain patients responding to questions for the most part from personal experience.

If you question is can you take a Norco (Hydrocodone) at 10:00 AM and along with it take a Percocet (Oxycodone) at 10:00 AM the answer is no, it is certainly not recommended. Ask the physician that prescribed both of the meds for you how he/she meant for you to take them.

They are both narcotic pain medications. The percocet is stronger than the Norco. However that doesn't mean that it will work better. Hydrocodone works better for me than Oxycodone. Physicians will some times order the Oxycodone for more severe pain control and order the Hydrocodone for lesser pain. So yes you can take them in the same day, several hours apart but again please discuss this with your physician.

I hope my answer have been clear. If not feel free to let me know. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Take Care, Tuck