Not sure if my ribs are broken
My husband picked me up this evening and gave me a large bear hug. When he squeezed, I heard/felt a pop coming from my rib cage on the left side. I was momentarily light headed and weak, and was in a bit of pain. This eased off and I was able to return to carrying my children, within half an hour. As the evening has progressed, the pain is getting stronger. It hurts when I move certain ways, pick up either of my children ( 40lbs, 15lbs), and cough or laugh. I did look at rib injuries online, but it doesn't bother me to breathe, so I'm not sure if I have caused an injury, or if I'm completely fine, just sore. I have no troubles breathing, I'm just worried about going to bed and causing further damage. Should I go into emergency? Is it broken? I have a exclusively breast fed baby, so spending hours in emergency waiting room is not something I do unless it is absolutely necessary. Please advise. Thank you.
Don't go to the ER without phoning your primary care doctor.  Get advice as to what to do.  
Only x-rays can confirm, but generally nothing is done for broken ribs. (unless there are multiple and the lungs are in danger)
It sounds like Costrachondritis. (Irritation/inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs)
If no contraindications, whether broken rib or Costrachondritis, NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen or Aleve for pain.
bh9
Look at your medications sorry you don't feel well if you are breastffedding there are certain medications you CAN'T take because they will be in your breastmilk and your baby will be on the medication too NOT GOOD
My ex-husband broke a couple of my ribs the same way, years ago when we were still married. Gave me a big bear hug and I felt rather than heard a cracking. Had trouble taking in a breath right away. Was horrible as my children  young at the time. Severe pain for exactly 6 weeks, then tenderness for another 2 months. Went for a couple of follow up xrays, even though it looked like the ribs were healing crooked they ended up looking straight in the end.