Pain Management Community
Numb fingers with burning sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Numb fingers with burning sensation

Last week I woke up during the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my right arm and it went down to my fingers and they were numb and burning, so I went to the ER and they started giving me some pain meds and ran some lab work on me but the tests and lab work came back showing problems with my heart. So they started concentrating on my heart and admitted me..in the meantime I still have this severe pain in my arm so they were setting me up with an EMG and a MRI but before these tests could me done I was transported to a cardio hospital where they started treating me for my heart and needless to say I was discharged a few days later and the only thing they said is that they felt my arm had to do with my cervical or a pinched nerve..Now it is 8 days later since my arm started hurting and I can't get an appt with my nero until Jan. My arm is only having occasional pain but my hand and fingers are still having the numbing and burning feeling..actually my middle finger feels like it is completely dead it does not have any feelings at all and the index finger and thumb numbness comes and goes.. does anyone know anything that I can do to make this feel better? I have been using ice and heat rotating them.

Thank you for any opinions of help
Nancy
  I am sorry your having so much trouble getting in to see the Doctor. I would suggest trying to see if your PCP will treat you until you can see the Neurologist. I was told by my Doctor that they can tell which nerve is effected by which fingers are numb and or tingling. I believe you would get some help from your Primary Doctor while waiting.
Unfortunately there is not much you can do for nerve pain using over the counter medicines. Heat and ice may help with the discomfort.
Like I said call your PCP and ask if you can get an appointment and also you could check with the Doctor's that treated you in the hospital.
I hope your feeling better very soon and getting some much needed treatment:)