Old Fracture Pain
Hi, I had a fracture in my right collar bone 12 years back. The pain has reoccurred suddenly these winters. & the pain is severe. I have been taking voveran & now doctor recommended diclofenac, hot fermentation & physiotherapy. There is no relief in the pain. Is there anything that I'm missing? Please help..!!

Regards
Ravinder
Hello and Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us but sorry to hear about your pain.

You are young to be experiencing arthritis but it is common to develop arthritis in old injury or fracture areas. I assume that is how they are treating your pain.

Have you had an x-ray? If not I would suggest that you request one. If is shows nothing or something appears suspicious then an MRI may offer better information. I would not assume that it is the old injury causing your pain without supporting medical evidence.

If the medication you have been prescribed in not controlling your pain then don't be afraid to ask for a change....something that will ease it.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I wish you the very best.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Thanks for all the information Tuck.. I had an x-ray two weeks back & it shows no issue at all. However one thing I forgot to mention was that I am patient of Type I diabetes & I take Huminsulin 30/70. I have been consuming aspartame as an alternate to Sugar for a long time now. I have heard that it leads to Arthritis. What tests shall I go for?

Regards
Ravinder

Regards
Ravinder
Hi Ravinder,

I want to join Tuck in welcoming you to the Pain Management Forum!!

When looking for arthritis, you should have your Doctor refer you to a rheumatologist. That's the specialist that can most accurately diagnosis your arthritis.

I wish you the very best and hope you are able to have a Pain Free New Year!!.....Sherry
Thanks Sherry.. I got the X-Ray checked again. Pysiotherapist suggested that there is no visible sign of arthritis.. I hope I'm able to celebrate new year.. thanks a tonn for the help...