Pain Management Community
Opana vs. Morphine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Opana vs. Morphine

I was recently on 30mg of Opana ER 2x a day and then I was allowed to take up to 4 tablets of 10mg instant release tablets for break out pain. I have found that the 30mg of Opana ER 2x a day is helping me tremendously. However, the 10mg tablets for the breakout pain wasn't doing well for me, so the doctor switched me to 30mg tablets of morphine up to 4x a day for breakout pain. I haven't been able to tell the difference yet, but I hope this is the answer to my breakout pain.
Hello Jenn,

I looked for your question but didn't find one. I assume you are just sharing, which is absolutely fine.

I too hope you have found the answer to your pain and that your med change will be very beneficial. Please feel free to share with us the results of your new medications. I wish you the very best and will look forward to hearing from you again.

Take Care,
~Tuck
I'm 18 have fibromyalgia, intractable pain, degenerative deterioration of the spine, bursitis of the right hip. Iv been on opiates since iv been 11 started with 10mg norco (which is vicodin with 325 tylonal) and started taking it 3 times a day and was up to the point where i was taking 12 a day, then i was taking 10mg percs, moved up to 15 mg roxies then they added 30mg oxycontins 3 times a day, then i desided to try and taper myself off pain meds completely at age 15 because it was scary and my tollerance was just to high.at 16 went back on the pain meds because i just couldnt take the pain and tried to start with lower dosed ones like nucynta 100mg, ultram taking 250mg at a time then went back to the 10mg norco  moved back up to the 10mg percs then they added the 30mg oxycontin back it was just a horrible cycle well last october i had a bad flair up and was scared because my doctors didnt really communicate with me they just throw scripts at me well i found a good doctor who put me on 30mg ms-contin 3 times a day with up to 2 15mg MSIR (morphine sulfate instant release) well now Im going on 30mg opana er and keeping the 15mg MSIR for breakthrough im very frightend of this after reading all the posts here but im hopeing for the best because the morphine just doesnt work and i hate the way the Oxycontin makes me feel and the personality changes. I just dont know what to do and i need some advice because i dont want to opt to have surgery at this age... this hole opiate scene just scares me and i understand there is a difference between being physically dependent and being a addict i just dont want to fall down the path of being a addict and abusing medication.
My current med list is
Cymbalta 90mg a day
lyrica 225mg 2x a day
Ms-Contin 30mg 3x a day
MSIR (instant release morphine) 15mg as need for BT
Mobic 15mg once a day
Zanaflex (tizanidine) 4mg 3x a Day
Adderall (adderrall) XR 30mg Once a day
BusPar 7.5mg 2x a day
Trazodone 50mg at bedtime for sleep
Please someone have input