Oxycodone 7.5, no Tylenol
I'm scheduled for hip arthroscopy next Thursday, and my doctor gave me 5  different scripts, one of which is for Oxycodone 7.5. He did not specify how much Tylenol. Is that normal?
Hello Hiphelp,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am glad that you found us.

The perscription will say on it how much tylenol it contains or if it contains aspirin (which I doubt pre-surgical). Next to the oxycodone it will say, apap ###. That is the amount of acetaminophen (tylenol) in it.

So as an example it may read, oxycodone 7.5mg/apap 500mg. Physicians don't always tell you the amount of acetaminophen that the particular narcotic contain. The reason again for that is it is written on the script. I hope that helps answer your question.

Good luck with your surgery. I hope you heal quickly and have a non-eventful recovery. Please let us know how you are doing.
Take Care, Tuck
Usually the Percocet (Oxycodone/Acetomenophen) that is precribed at 7.5 mg has 325 mg. of Tylenol in it. I have been precribed 7.5 and 10 mgs. after surgery and they both contained 325 mgs. of Tylenol.

They are not scored and can't be split evenly like the 5mg. dose if you want to just take half.